Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Girl Who Could Fly


Genre: General Fiction/ Science Fiction
Reading Level: Ages 9-12

Piper McCloud lives a normal life with her normal Ma and Pa in a normal farm house...but really, Piper is far from normal. Since she was born, she has the ability to hover and as she grew older, she enhanced her ability so she could fly.

Piper's parents have tried so hard to hide Piper's ability from the other folks in town. However, one outing Piper accidentally shows off her skills. Now that her abilities are known to the public, a super-secret organization called I.N.S.A.N.E approaches Piper and offers to take her to a hidden facility where she is able to mix with other special children like herself. All seems fine at I.N.S.A.N.E in the beginning but after a while Piper suspects that not everything is as it should be.

I have to say that I found this book a bit odd but it was absolutely fun to read. I can't help but fall in love with the main character Piper. She may talk to much but she definitely has a heart of gold. Though this book is targeted to a younger group of readers, I think adults would enjoy Piper's adventures; I certainly did.

Challenges: 100+ Reading Challenge

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds fun, a girl with ability sound like heroes drama. Hihi.

Check out my latest review: Spark's The Wedding HERE

Lyla Ibrahim said...

nice one...
how many times do we see a heroin as the main character...
huhu....

Tales of Whimsy said...

I've been wanting to try this for ages. Cute review.

BTW LOVE your new look :)

Alice said...

I like the story and I certainly am fond of the cover. That must be Piper on the cover and she has that determined look on her face which I absolutely dig!

Related Posts with Thumbnails